Sunday, May 4, 2008

Going to School


Kidz in the Hall


Kidz in the Hall, last year dropped an album that I never heard. Although I wish I would've, what I DID hear was the joint "Wheelz Fall Off" and I needed to hear more. These guys come equipped with an in house producer, Double O, who in my opinion is the backbone of this group. His beats are creative and straight up Chi-town. (mixture of screwed up/chopped up/sped up) This gives them a one up. The other half of this group, Noledge, brings a nice element as well. His smooth delivery is a perfect complement to the easy going (but still knocking) beats.

This year they drop singles like "Driving down the Block", the car fanatics anthem. Lyrically, these guys aren't superb, but since I'm not striving for perfection, I'll take the strong B+ effort. (FYI: Peep the remix featuring Bun B, Pusha T & Mikey from The Cool Kids)

My other favorite is the song "Hypocrite", this track is realistic tale of cheating on your girl, interacial dating and the cycle of self hate. MESSAGE!!

But just for sh*t and g*ggles, check out "Make it Last", with the Keith Sweat sample. Here Noledge discusses how he wants to last in the rap game. (Good Luck!)
This group is cool, and straight out of Chicago, which is slowly becoming the NEW Atlanta.

Check they're vid out below.

No comments: